Meet Dr. Rodrigo Araya
Born and raised in Costa Rica, Dr. Araya is an honours graduate from the Autonomous University of Central America(Costa Rica). He completed his General surgery training for the University of Costa Rica as Chief Resident at the San Juan de Dios General Hospital. His Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic surgery residency was completed at the Autonomous University of Mexico (Mexico City) and the General Hospital of Mexico, where he studied with a number of well known cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons. Dr. Araya is certified by the North American Board of Plastic Surgeons, Diplomatic, North American Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery as well as the Mexican Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery.He maintains his private practice in the San José suburb of Guadalupe.
- Member of the Mexican Council of Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery.
- Member of the Costa Rican Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery.
- Member of the Iberolatinoamerican Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Member of the College of Surgeons of Costa Rica.
Hospital and Clinic
- Member of the Medical Staff of the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Burn Unit at the San Juan de Dios General Hospital (Costa Rica)
- Member of the Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery Specialist Consultand at the Clinica Biblica Hospital (Costa Rica)
- Consultant office in Plastic Surgery at the La Guaria Medical Centre (San José)
- Associate Cosmetic Surgeon at Villa Plenitud (Costa Rica)
Dr. Araya performs many cosmetic surgical procedures, particularly those involving facial rejuvenation. Lifting techiques include those of the neck, face, eyes and forehead which may be performed separately or concurrently. In certain cases minimal incision techniques can be used involving the endoscope.